Dennis Alexander, Kingery Professor
Dennis R. Alexander
Electrical & Computer Engineering
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
248 Scott Engineering Center
Lincoln, Nebraska 68588-0511
Dr. Alexander's research interests:
- Ultra fast lasers and their applications
- Femtosecond ultra short pulse propagation and generation of nanostructures as well as the use of femtosecond laser for surface structuring and the production of nanoparticles
- All optical switches for next generation all optical networks
- ARO MURI( 5 years of funding): Co-linear dual pulse dual focus femtosecond LIBS
- UnMed Corporation: Development of a wireless laparoscope
- Femtosecond laser production of nanoparticles of Er:Yb for use in all optical switches for applications in next generation all optical networks
- Nebraska Center for Energy Sciences Research, Flow Measurements of Power Plant Water Sources and Discharges Using Thermal Imaging, $ 117, 116, December 12, 2006 to December 31, 2008
- DoD EPSCoR, WDM Nanophotonic Devices for All Optical Networks Based on Nanoparticles and Microring Cavities, $ 878,995, June 2009, Pending
- M. L. Rohlfs and D. R. Alexander, "Transient Plane Wave Scattering by a Dielectric Sphere," in preparation to Journal of Optical Society of America, February 2009.
- J. Bruce III, C. Zuhlke, and D. Alexander, and Jitender Deogun, "Thermally related optical hysteresis of semiconductor quantum dots," Optics Letters, Submitted September 2009.
- E.D. Manely, J.S. Deogun, L. Xu, and D.R. Alexander, "Network coding for DM All-Optical Multicast", Submitted to IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology, November 2009.
- 1M. L. Rohlfs and D. R. Alexander, "Transient Plane Wave Scattering by a Dielectric Sphere," in preparation to Journal of Optical Society of America, February 2009.
- David Doerr, John T. Schiffern, Dennis R. Alexander, "Optimization of collinear dual pulse femtosecond laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy of silicon," Spectrochimica Acta Part B: Atomic 62 , 1412-1418, 2007.
- JianChao Li, Dennis R. Alexander, Haifeng Zhang, Ufuk Parali, David W. Doerr, John Clark Burce III, Hao Wang, "Propagation of ultrashort laser pulses through water," Optics Express, Vol. 15, no. 4, p. 1939-1945, February 2007.
- D. Alexander, J. Bruce III, C. Zuhlke, B. Koch, and R. Rudebusch, "Demonstration of a nanoparticle-based optical diode," Optics Letters, 31,(13), July 2006. Also published in: Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science and Technology, July 24, 2006, Materials Research Society (MRS) Bulletin Vol. 31, No. 8, August 2006.
- Neha Singh, Dennis R. Alexander, John Schiffern, and David Doerr, "Femtosecond laser production of metal surfaces having unique surfaces structures that are broadband absorbers," Journal of Laser Applications, 18, (3), pg 242-244, August 2006.
- D. Alexander, J. Bruce III, C. Zuhlke, B. Koch, R. Rudebusch, J. Deogun, and H. Hamza, "Demonstration of a nanopartilce-based optical diode," Virtual Jounal of Nanoscale Science & Technology, Vol. 14, No. 4, July 24, 2006.
- D. Alexander, J. Bruce III, C. Zuhlke, B. Koch, R. Rudebusch, J. Deogun, and H. Hamza, "Optical diode based on core-shell quantum dots demonstrated," Materials Research Society Bulletin, Vol. 31, No. 8, August 2006.