- Multiscale Analysis and Modeling of Construction Materials and Infrastructure Systems
- Multiphysics and Multiphase Mechanics of Infrastructure Materials
- Multifunctional Infrastructure Materials
- Viscoelasticity of Engineering Materials and Structures
- Mechanistic Analysis and Design of Roadways and Pavements
- Bituminous Materials and Mixtures
- Innovative Materials and Sustainable Transportation Systems
- Recycling and Engineered Use of Construction Materials
H. Ban, Y. Kim, and S. Rhee. (2013). “Computational Microstructure Modeling to Estimate Progressive Moisture Damage Behavior of Asphaltic Paving Materials.” International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 37, 2005-2020.
Y. Kim, F. V. Souza, and T. Park. (2013). “Multiscale Modeling of Damage Evolution in Viscoelastic Bituminous Mixtures Subjected to Cyclic Loading.” Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology, 135(2), 021005.
H. Ban, S. Im, and Y. Kim. (2013). “Nonlinear Viscoelastic Approach to Model Damage-Associated Performance Behavior of Asphaltic Mixture and Pavement Structure.” Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 40(4), 313-323.
Y. Kim, F. V. Souza, and J. E. S. Teixeira. (2013). “A Two-Way Coupled Multiscale Model for Predicting Damage-Associated Performance of Asphaltic Roadways.” Computational Mechanics, 51, 187-201.
Y. Kim and F. T. S. Aragão. (2013). “Microstructure Modeling of Rate-Dependent Fracture Behavior in Bituminous Paving Mixtures.” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 63, 23-32.
F. T. S. Aragão and Y. Kim. (2012). “Mode I Fracture Characterization of Bituminous Paving Mixtures at Intermediate Service Temperatures.” Experimental Mechanics, 52(9), 1423-1434.
H. Ban and Y. Kim. (2012). “Integrated Experimental-Numerical Approach to Model Progressive Moisture Damage Behavior of Bituminous Paving Mixtures.” Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 39, 323-333.Y. Kim. (2011). “Cohesive Zone Model to Predict Fracture in Bituminous Materials and Asphaltic Pavements: State-of-the-Art Review.” International Journal of Pavement Engineering, 12(4), 343-356.