Yi Liu, Research Associate Professor
Research Associate Professor
Nebraska Center for Materials & Nanoscience
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
091 Jorgensen Hall
Lincoln, Nebraska 68588-0299
Synthesis of nanostructured magnetic materials, crystal structure and defect structure study of metallic materials by various transmission electron microscopy (TEM) techniques including high resolution (0.19 nm), weak beam imaging , nano-diffraction, convergent beam electron diffraction, EELS mapping, development of new TEM techniques such as resolution extension by imaging processing, selected reflection imaging of nanostructured materials, magnetic domain imaging by differential phase contrast.
- Advanced transmission electron microscopy of nanostructured magnetic materials Y. Liu and D.J. Sellmyer, Nanostructured Advanced Magnetic Materials, edited by D.J. Sellmyer, Y. Liu, and D. Shindo. Volume II Characterization and Simulation of Advanced Magnetic Materials, Springer, Vol. II, 113 (2006).
- Nanostructure of exchange coupled hard/soft FePt composite films. Y. Liu, P. Liu and D.J. Sellmyer, Nanostructured materials, Vol. 12, 1027-1030 (1999).
- Point group and space group identification by convergent beam electron diffraction, Y. Liu, Progress in transmission electron microscopy, eds X. Zhang and Z. Zhang, Springer, 313-345 (2001).
- High resolution electron microscopy and nano-probe study of Sm-Co // Cr films, Yi Liu, D.J. Sellmyer, B. W. Robertson, Z. S. Shan, and S. H. Liou. IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 31, PP 2740-2742 (1995).
- Solving the crystal structure of submicrometer phase in TEM. Y. Liu, A. Eades and J. Mazumder. Ultramicroscopy, Vol. 56, 253, (1994).