Yiqi Yang, Charles Bessey Professor
Charles Bessey Professor
Textiles, Merchandising & Fashion Design and Biological Systems Engineering
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
221 Home Economics Building
Lincoln, Nebraska 68588-0802
Research of Professor Yang is concentrated on green materials including polymers and chemicals for textile, composite, and medical applications.
In addition to many years of academic experiences, Dr. Yang is also one of a few professors who have extensive experiences in fiber and textile processes and close relationship with fiber and textile industries in the country. He is actively involved in research and development of dyeing and finishing chemicals, and textile wet processing technologies. Examples are using molecular modelling and computational fluid dynamics for the improvement in polymer and textile processes and products.
- Reddy, N., and Yang, Y., Preparation and Properties of Starch Acetate Fibers for Potential Tissue Engineering Applications. Biotechnology & Bioengineering. DOI: 10.1002/bit.22331.
- Reddy, N. and Yang, Y, Novel Protein Fibers from Wheat Gluten, Biomacromolecules, 8(2), 638-643 (2007).
- Karst, D., Yang, Y, and Tanaka, G. An Explanation of Increased Hydrolysis of the <beta>-(1,4)-Glycosidic Linkages of Grafted Cellulose Using Molecular Modeling. Polymer, 47(18), 6464-6471(2006).
- Karst, D., and Yang, Y. Molecular modeling study of the resistance of PLA to hydrolysis based on the blending of PLLA and PDLA, Polymer, 47(13), 4845-4850 (2006).
- Reddy, N. and Yang, Y., Properties and potential applications of natural cellulose fibers from cornhusks, Green Chemistry, 7(4), 190-195 (2005).
- Reddy, N. and Yang, Y., Biofibers from agricultural byproducts for industrial applications, Trends in Biotechnology, 23(1) 22-27 (2005).