Dr. Joseph A. Turner, Robert W. Brightfelt Professor
Mechanical & Materials Engineering
University of Nebraska - Lincoln
W354 Nebraska Hall
Lincoln, Nebraska 68588-0526
office: (402) 472-8856
- Stochastic wave propagation: scattering, radiative transfer, diffusion, localization;
- Experimental ultrasonics: NDE, linear and nonlinear materials characterization;
- Multiscale characterization: atomic force microscope (AFM), nanoindentation, ultrasound;
- Linear and nonlinear vibrations: structural, dynamics of the AFM;
- Elastic wave propagation: anisotropic, layered, geophysical, piezoelectric media;
- Structural acoustics: complex structures, MEMS beams, plates, shells.
D. C. Hurley and J. A. Turner, “ Humidity Effects on the Determination of Elastic Properties by Atomic Force Acoustic Microscopy”, J. Appl. Phys. 95, 2403-2407 (2004).
J. A. Turner, “Nonlinear Vibrations of a Beam with Cantilever-Hertzian Contact Boundary Conditions”, J. Sound Vib. 275 1-2, 177-191 (2004).
S. K. Ramamoorthy, Y. Kane, and J. A. Turner, “Crack Depth Determination in Concrete by Ultrasound Diffusion,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 115, 523-529 (2004).
J. A. Turner and D. C. Hurley, “Ultrasonic Methods in Contact Atomic Force Microscopy”, Ultrasonic Methods for Materials Characterization, guest ed. T. Kundu from book series Instrumentation, Mesure, Métrologie 3, 117-148 (Lavoisier, Cachan, France, 2003).
D. C. Hurley, K. Shen, N. M. Jennett, and J. A. Turner, “Quantitative Atomic Force Acoustic Microscopy Methods to Determine Thin-Film Elastic Properties”, J. Appl. Phys. 94, 2347-2354 (2003).
M. Reinstädler, U. Rabe, V. Scherer, J. A. Turner, and W. Arnold, “Imaging of Flexural and Torsional Resonance Modes of Atomic Force Microscopy Cantilevers using Optical Interferometry”, Surf. Sci. 532-535C, 1152-1158 (2003).
L. Yang and J. A. Turner, “Scattering of Elastic Waves in Damaged Media,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 113, 2992-3000 (2003).
L. Yang and J. A. Turner, “Elastic Wave Propagation and Scattering in Solids with Uniaxially Aligned Cracks”, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 114, 591-600 (2003).
J. S. Yang, X. Yang, J. A. Turner, J. A. Kosinski, and R. A. Pastore, Jr., “Two-dimensional Equations for Electroelastic Plates with Relatively Large Shear Deformations”, IEEE Trans. Ultrason. Ferroelect. and Freq. Contr. 50, 765-772 (2003).
- Joshua S. Wiehn (M.S. 2001) Sandia National Laboratories.
- Roshanak Nilchiani (M.S. 2002) Ph.D. candidate at M.I.T.
- Sathish Ramamoorthy (M.S. 2003) Ph.D. candidate Texas A&M.
- Goutam Ghoshal (M.S. 2003) Ph.D. candidate at UNL.
- Yogesh Kane (M.S. 2003).
- Liyong Yang (Ph.D. 2003) post-doctoral researcher at UNL.