Register now for the Young Writers Camp (YWC), a week-long program for high school students (grades 9-12) who consider themselves aspiring writers: song writers, slam poets, short story writers, playwrights, mystery writers, rhyme spinners, any kind of writer at all. Camp is June 24-28, 2013 on the UNL Campus.
We Love to Write/I Love to Write camps, are weeklong events for families, and students who have completed 2nd through 8th grade. (more) Both camps run June 24-28th on the UNL campus.
Join with the Nebraska Writing Project and National Park Service July 26th and 27th for the 2013 Agate Teacher Workshop. Free workshop, limited free lodging, open to all grade leves and content areas. Preregistration is required. Print registration form or read more about the Agate Fossil Beds.
2013 Youth Writing Festival Nineteen students from all across Nebraska took place in the events...
Starts with Tango and Ends with Potluck
2013 Spring Gathering
North Star Slam Poets perform (story under construction)
The Nebraska Writing Project, a network of professional educators and affiliated writers, provides opportunities to improve, enhance and celebrate writing for classrooms and communities across Nebraska.
- • The best teachers of writing are writers themselves.
- • Teachers provide the best instruction for other teachers.
- • Anyone, no matter their ability level, can improve their writing in a supportive context with other practicing writers.
- • True school reform comes through democratic partnerships across grade levels.
- • Teachers, students and communities benefit when teachers form networks with other teachers and draw on collective expertise.
- To provide educators, through continuing Nebraska Writing Project programs, opportunities to:
- network with other teachers,
- reflect on and improve teaching, and
- act publicly to improve education in our state and region.
- To provide schools, colleges, and universities with an effective professional development model.
- To identify, celebrate, and enhance the professional roles of successful classroom teachers.