Programs in English as a Second Language (PIESL) supports non-native speakers of English by providing them with a wide range of language and cultural learning opportunities. Through a rigorous and innovative curriculum taught by caring, dedicated faculty, we help our students achieve a level of proficiency that enables them to reach their personal and professional goals at the University of Nebraska Lincoln and beyond.
1. To offer a safe, inclusive learning environment for students
2. To help degree-seeking students meet UNL English proficiency requirements in a timely manner
3. To help our students adjust to culture in the United States both on campus and within the greater Lincoln community
4. To support the international initiatives of the university that help foster globally competent citizens
5. To offer customized programming that supports the various needs of our campus and global partners