America Saves Campaign Resources
America Saves, managed by the Consumer Federation of America (CFA), is a nonprofit campaign that seeks to motivate, encourage, and support low- to moderate-income households to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth. The research-based campaign uses the principles of behavioral economics and social marketing to change behavior.
Participation is encouraged for any group who would like to offer financial tips for any type of audience. Use America Saves Week as an opportunity to encourage your group members, community members, or your employees to save automatically through direct deposit towards an emergency fund, a goal like a home, or towards retirement.
Current Theme: Set a Goal, Make a Plan, Save Automatically
How America Saves Week Benefits YouThe Week is an opportunity for you to:
- Position your organization as a source for information about savings
- Partner with government organizations, non‐profits, financial institutions, and others to promote the Week and the resources you provide
- Feature the products and services in your community that help people build wealth
SMMC representatives develop newsletter articles for a variety of community publications.
- For Teens: Teaching Teenagers about Money Management
- For Parents: Having a Proactive, Money Smart Summer
- For Parents: Is Off-Campus Housing Right for Your Student?
- For Parents: 4 Money Secrets to Share with Your Student
- For Students: Top 10 Tips for Getting on the Path to Financial Success
- For Students: How to Avoid 2 Big Expenses This Semester
To request an article for your publication, please contact us
Request A Newsletter Article