Types of Money Coaching Sessions
|Personalized One-on-One Sessions||Around 30 minutes||Make an Appointment||Request an Appointment|
|Personalized Email Advising Sessions||Reply sent within 48 hours||Email Us Your Questions||Email Us|
|Money 101 Boot Camp||1 hour||Gain basic money management knowledge||Schedule|
|Dave Ramsey Program||On your own time||A comprehensive financial education program||Email Us|
Mini Financial Boot Camp
During Mini Financial Boot Camp, a SMMC representative leads you through a comprehensive workbook. The topics discussed include:
Budgeting, Saving, Financial Goals, Establishing Credit, Using Credit Wisely, Debt, Insurance, Investing, Consumer Skills
- Sessions last about 1 hour, depending on how many questions you have.
- This program is free for UNL students. Workbook is provided.
- Sessions are held in the Student Money Management Center, room 237 in the Nebraska Union on City Campus.
Dave Ramsey Foundations in Personal Finance: College Edition
This is a video program that you can borrow from the UNL Student Money Management Center.
You can borrow the videos for up to 3 weeks and watch them on your own time.
The topics discussed include:
- Savings: Save for emergencies, large purchases and wealth building
- Budgets: Create and live on a zero-based budget
- Debt: Avoid the trap of borrowing money
- College Student Essentials: Learn what every college student needs to know about money
- Family, Friends and Philanthropy: Assess the impact of money on relationships
This program is free for UNL students. Workbook is provided.