How to Apply
- Before you apply:
- Complete the application form online.
We will automatically email your recommenders a unique link to your recommendation webform.
- Complete your supplemental form online.
- In this form, you'll provide your resume/CV and respond to a few short-answer questions.
- You'll need your SRP Application ID, which was in the confirmation email you received upon submitting your application.
- Send an electronic (scanned) version of your transcript.
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org as an email attachment, 1 MB or smaller.
- Your name and the name of your school should appear on the transcript.
- Unofficial or student copies are acceptable for the application. Participants selected for the program may be asked to provide an official transcript later.
- Check your application checklist periodically.
- It will tell you the status of your required items.
Tips for a strong applicationWe received approximately 1,700 applications in 2014 and expect that number to continue growing, meaning it's important for an application to stand out and to make an impression on faculty reviewers. Here are a few things to keep in mind while preparing your application.
Faculty reviewers are looking for applicants who:
- Have a passion for the discipline
- Show an interest in earning an advanced degree (Ph.D. or master's)
- Bring diverse talents and skills to the research team
- Evidence of high academic achievement and preparation to carry out research
- Evidence of teamwork and independent problem-solving skills
- Faculty recommendations from those who can speak about academic performance
- Materials that are well-written and free of error