Who should apply
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
Applications are encouraged from students with sophomore standing or higher and a GPA of 3.0 or higher. This program encourages applications from students traditionally underrepresented in physics. These groups include women, Native Americans, African Americans, Hispanic/Latino Americans, and Asian Americans.
EligibilityParticipation in the Nebraska Summer Research Program is limited to students who meet the following criteria:
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Current undergraduate with at least one semester of coursework remaining before obtaining a bachelor's degree
See Eligibility for more information.
About the Program
- Competitive stipend: $4,000
- Double-occupancy room and meal plan
- Travel expenses to and from Lincoln
- Campus parking and/or bus pass
- Full access to the Campus Recreation Center and campus library system
- Wireless internet access
Learn more about academic and financial benefits.
- Department seminars and presentations
- Professional development workshops (e.g., applying to graduate school, taking the GRE)
- Welcome picnic
- Day trip to Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo
- Canoe and camping trip
- Research symposium