The tenure and promotion reviews you will conduct this year and the advance work you will do to prepare for next year's reviews are among the most important activities in the academy.
Those individuals whom we invite to join the senior faculty will continue to shape the University's academic aspirations and profile for the next generation. It is extremely important that your reviews be conducted in strict accordance with University procedures and by-laws, that they be characterized (and perceived to be characterized) by fairness, and that you apply appropriate and rigorous standards in forming your evaluations and recommendations. The Guidelines for the Evaluation of Faculty: Annual Evaluations, Promotion and Tenure will serve as a useful reference on the process.
File Due Dates to SVCAA
Tenure and Promotion
- Jan 30,
- Nominations for tenure with promotion to go into effect July 1, 2015 or August 17, 2015
- Feb 27,
- Nominations for promotion only to go into effect July 1, 2015 or August 17, 2015
Below are the documentation formats to be followed by all candidates. Every file must be in a binder with clearly labeled sections in documentation format order.
The following forms must be completed by all candidates and included in your nomination file.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Transmittal Forms for:
- Promotion and/or Tenure for Tenured or Tenure-Track Faculty
- Promotion for Research Faculty
- Promotion for Professor of Practice Faculty