The context for teaching and learning at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is shaped by the philosophies and recommendations articulated in the following documents. These documents create a shared vision that guides initiatives and planning carried out by individual faculty, departments, colleges and academics administrators. The resources available on this page provide tools for contributing to this collective effort.
- Intellectual engagement and achievement at UNL Report from the Blue Sky Committee
- Everyone a Learner, Everyone a Teacher Report from the Transition to University Task Force
- A 2020 Vision: The Future of Research and Graduate Education at UNL
Please Note: Books from the old TLC library are now in Love Library and may be accessed using a keyword search for
teaching & learning center collection.
- Copyright and plagiarism
- Instructional technology
- Teaching and research ethics
- Ethical Principles for College and University Teaching
- UNL's professional ethics statement for faculty
- Academy of Management's code of ethics
- Graduate Studies bulletin Contains guidelines for good practice in graduate education
- American Psychological Society: Fairness in the Classroom
- Teaching evaluation tools
- Flashlight Project Flashlight is an evaluation tool created and maintained by Washington State University. UNL has obtained utilization rights through the Teaching and Learning Technology Roundtable. With Flashlight you can author, administer and analyze surveys online. Results can also be easily exported for more detailed statistical analysis. If you are interested in receiving additional information or a login username and password, contact David Wilson.
- UCARE Program Undergraduate Creative Activities and Research Experiences
- Support for Graduate Teaching Assistants Training and services for TAs and international TAs
- National Teaching and Learning Forum Articles, tips, discussion forums
- Sloan Consortium A consortium of institutions committed to quality online education
- Teaching Tools and Resources
- Lesson Study at UW-LaCrosse
- Carnegie Gallery of Teaching & Learning
- Carnegie Perspectives on Teaching & Learning
- Carnegie Academy for the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning
Teaching Support Organizations at UNL
- Teaching Council - The Council has responsibility for the encouragement and support of efforts to improve instruction and learning at all levels at UNL.
- Peer Review of Teaching - The Peer Review of Teaching Project (PRTP) is a UNL campus program that supports teams of faculty in making visible the serious intellectual work of their teaching. Begun in 1994, the project uses the same process one would use to explore a research question by having faculty inquire, analyze, and document their teaching practices and the resulting student learning and then make these results accessible for use, review, and assessment by one's peers. In 2005, the project was awarded a TIAA-CREF Theodore M. Hesburgh Award Certificate of Excellence in recognition of it being an exceptional faculty development program designed to enhance undergraduate student achievement.