Undergraduate Research Conference
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
A poster session highlighting undergraduate student research will be held on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the Nebraska Union as part of the 2014 UNL Research Fair. Undergraduate students will showcase their research or creative activity, communicate their results to others, and learn about other areas of research and creative activity taking place at UNL. All undergraduate students are welcome to present a poster.
Register to present a poster or attend the poster session by Friday, March 21, 2014 at 3:00 PM.
General Poster Guidelines
The maximum poster size is 30 inches by 40 inches. We cannot accommodate posters larger than this size.
A suggested template for your poster can be found here.
- We highly recommend printing your poster at the Instructional Design Center as costs will be much cheaper there compared to taking it to an off-campus print shop.
The Day of the Conference
Set up your poster BEFORE the conference begins. Please bring your poster to the main doors of the Centennial Room on the second floor of the Nebraska Union and check in at the desk. You may put up your poster anytime between 9:00 am - 2:30 pm. The conference begins at 3:30 pm.
At the Conference
- Plan to be with your poster from 3:30-5:00 pm (or for at least 1 hour of the time frame) to answer questions. If you cannot remain the entire time, we will take your poster down and you may pick it up in the UCARE office in Seaton Hall. You're responsible for making arrangements for pick up should that be necessary.
- Greet people who walk by and ask them if they have questions.
- Have a brief "prepared" statement about your research. People will often come to you and say, "Tell me about your research in 1 minute."
- You can also have a handout of supplemental materials or a reduced version of your poster on 8.5" x 11" paper.
What to Wear
Please wear business casual. A nice pair of slacks or khakis and a button down shirt or blouse is apropriate. Plan to dress a step up from jeans, a t-shirt, and sneakers.