Who We Are
- Established in the fall of 2000 under the NIH Institutional Development Award (IDeA) program.
- Combines the expertise of Nebraska’s leading biomedical research institutions: University of Nebraska-Lincoln, University of Nebraska Medical Center, and Creighton University.
- Research programs focus on important viral diseases of humans, including HIV-1, Kaposi’s Sarcoma and herpes, as well as viruses within plants and animals.
- Supported by the Center’s four core facilities: Flow Cytometry, Proteomics, Microscopy, and Bioinformatics.
- Faculty engage in mentoring young scientists and students from the U.S. and abroad and seek to attract more researchers to Nebraska.