NCV Purchasing Contacts
Alex Scheuler: 402-430-2638 | email@example.com | RM 149
Nathan Wiest: (for technology purchases) | firstname.lastname@example.org | RM 140
UNL uses the eSHOP system for purchasing from many common vendors including: UNL Software, UNL Apple Sales, Dell, Fisher Scientific, Bio-Rad, IDT, Office Depot, Newegg, Grainger, and many more.
- For all the current and future suppliers for the eSHOP system, take a look at the eSHOP vendors
- If you need any help using eSHOP, take a look at the eSHOP Training Materials
Sometimes the correct vendor is not in the eSHOP system. If this is the case, you will have to fill out a purchase requisition and have Damon order if for you.
A purchase requisition form will be used for ordering goods and services from internal University departments and external vendors not available in the eSHOP system and/or requiring the use of a purchasing card.
Below are instructions on how to order items via eSHOP and via purchase requisition.
Purchasing via eSHOP
- Login to eSHOP via firefly.nebraska.edu
- Login (User name is NU ID listed on N-Card)
- Click the eSHOP tab near the top
- Click the green "Go" to launch eSHOP. This will open a new window.
- Search by typing directly into the search box, or select a store to look within a particular store
- Click "Order from Supplier" to add to your cart from "punch-out" vendors taken to their website add orders to cart "check-out" cart, "Return Cart to Purchasing Application", or equivalent returns you to eSHOP
- Click on "Add to Cart" for fully integrated stores
- Check-out by clicking the Shopping Cart icon in the top right
- Optional: name your cart in the upper left "Name this cart" to help you remember the contents
- Click on "Proceed to Checkout"
- Confirm or change Cost Center and GL Account category under "Accounting Codes"
- To change: Click on "edit"
- Click on "Recalculate and Save"
- Under "Internal Notes and Attachments" add an Internal Note that describes the specific business purposes. This needs to be a detailed sentence about how this will be used.
- Complete by clicking on "Assign Cart". Click "Assign".
Purchasing via Purchase Requisition
- Download the Purchase Requisition form for the link above
- Fill in all the information needed to place the order
- Attach the Purchase Requisition to an email and send it to the appropriate person listed above
- If you have any question, contact Damon
Technology Purchases via Purchase Requisition
- Log in with your username and password
- Submit an Incident
- Under Category: Select Purchase Equipment
- Under Sub-Category: Select what type of Equipment you want to purchase
- Under third level Category: Select what brand you would want
- Description: Explain exactly what you would like ordered, and provide a cost object number