WOMEN'S & GENDER STUDIES MELBA COPE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR WOMEN'S AND GENDER STUDIES MAJORS WITH JUNIOR CLASS STANDING
Deadline for applications: 12:00 pm Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Description: The Melba Cope Scholarship recognizes the importance of supporting Women’s and Gender Studies students in their scholarship, and acknowledges the contributions Women’s and Gender Studies students make to the Women’s and Gender Studies Program and to the campus and wider community. The Melba Cope Scholarship provides two $300 scholarships for Women’s and Gender Studies undergraduate majors for the academic year 2014-2015.
Eligibility: Applicants must be full-time Women’s and Gender Studies undergraduate majors in the College of Arts and Sciences with at least junior class standing, and they must have successfully completed at least 12 hours of courses in Women’s and Gender Studies. Candidates should have demonstrated outstanding work in Women’s and Gender Studies including research projects, creative works, contributions to the Women’s and Gender Studies Program, and/or community service. Previous scholarship winners are allowed to reapply for scholarship renewal.
- Complete the application form.
- Obtain the signatures of two Women’s and Gender Studies faculty members who are willing to support your application for the Melba Cope Scholarship and who can describe your work to the scholarship committee. Note: They do not need to write letters of recommendation.
- Write a letter of application in which you describe your goals, academic strengths, achievements, and involvement in activities on campus or in the community that indicate your efforts to achieve your goals and that qualify you for the scholarship.
All application materials must be submitted to the WGS administrative support associate, Paige Glasshoff, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Noon on Wednesday, February 5, 2014.
The award will be presented at the Women’s and Gender Studies Graduation Reception and Awards Ceremony in April 2014 (time and date to be announced).
If you have questions, please contact Paige Glasshoff at email@example.com or (402) 472-9392.
THE LETA STETTER HOLLINGWORTH FELLOWSHIP
For University of Nebraska students who go to Columbia University for their Graduate Studies
Description & Eligibility: This fellowship is available to graduate students at Columbia, prefereably, but not necessarily, to a woman graduating from or graduated from the University of Nebraska.
• A copy of the student's transcript from the University of Nebraska.
• A letter of reference from a faculty of the University of Nebraska.
If you have questions, please call the Women's and Gender Studies office at (402) 472-9392,
or contact either Chantal Kalisa, Director, (402) 472-9300, firstname.lastname@example.org,
or Rose Holz, Associate Director, (402) 472-9380, email@example.com.