Interest groups are the essence of the UNL Women’s Club, where our mission statement comes alive. These small groups are where acquaintances develop into friendships. Our common interests grow into strong bonds, and our desire to serve the University turns into action.
Our Interest Groups Include the following:
ARTS & CRAFTS: meets monthly to make a craft item, 3rd Fridays at 10:30 am. Chair Carol Riefler, 402-489-1432, email@example.com.
BOOK CLUB is for all who enjoy reading and discussing books with friends. The group selects books to be read. Meets the first Wed. at 9:30am. Chair Kay Rockwell, 402-484-5431 firstname.lastname@example.org.
BRIDGE groups meet monthly for bridge and friendship. Most groups are open for new and substitute members.
- BRIDGE I—first Thurs., 11:30 am-3:00 pm, hostess choice. Chair Kay Lamphere, 402-466-9376, email@example.com.
- BRIDGE II—2nd Thurs., 10:30 am, hostess choice. Play cards and eat lunch at the Grand Lodge. Chair Tina Peterson, 402-421-0938, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BRIDGE III—first Thurs., 7:00 pm , New members welcome. Chair Chris Wilhelm, 402-489-5802,
COUPLES GOURMET meets monthly for a dinner with the theme, recipes and date chosen by the host. Singles welcome. Chairs Nancy and Bryan Shank, 402-476-4722, email@example.com.
CULINARY ARTS meets monthly with members bringing a dish of choice from a monthly theme selected by the group.
- DAYTIME — third Wednesday, 11:45 am Chair Marion Carr, 402-484-5450, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EVENING—2nd Thursday, 7 pm. Chairs Mary Frank, 402-483-7530, email@example.com and Aldine Harmon, 402-489-7719, firstname.lastname@example.org
FACULTY DINNER DANCE CLUB - dining and dancing to a live band, Sept-Apr at East Campus Student Union. Optional dinner 6:30 pm, dancing 7:30-10 pm. Cost $100 per couple/year or $60/semester. Individual dances $20 ($25 Dec). Novice dancers welcome. A non-member couple may attend one dance free. Chairs Janice Lawrence and Greg Wright, 402-420-1378. See Faculty Dance Club page for more information.
FAIR WEATHER FRIENDS - join our new exercise group! Meets every fair weather Monday, 8am at Holmes Lake for walking, talking, and fitness. Chair Sally Wei, 402-476-5541, email@example.com.
MEALS ON WHEELS delivers hot meals to the elderly and disabled on a Monday or Tuesday each month. Volunteers needed to serve for 1 to 1-1/2 hours monthly. Chair Chris Read, 402-421-1915, firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEWCOMERS & FRIENDS are new members plus other members of UNLWC who wish to participate in activities. See Newcomers and Friends page for more information. Chairs Luming Brewer, 402-261-3763, email@example.com and Enid Newman, 402-782-8922, firstname.lastname@example.org.
PIECEMAKERS quilting group meets every Tuesday, 9:30 am-noon. Lessons available to those wanting to learn. Non-quilters are encouraged to bring a needlework project and join in. Chair Rogene Silletto, 402-483-6323, email@example.com.
PLAY GROUP provides play time for youngsters and companionship for moms. Meeting times and places vary. Chair Joyce Besch, 402-484-0485, firstname.lastname@example.org.
TOWN & GOWN INVESTORS is a group of exploring investors, both novice and experienced. Open for new members and always open for visitors. Meets the 2nd Monday at 7:15 pm, at Eastmont Seasons in their meeting room, Chair and President Marilyn Henry, 402-486-1312, email@example.com
TRAVEL GROUPS share their love of travel, adventure, experiences, and pictures from around the world. Couples and singles welcome.
- TRAVEL I – 3rd Sunday, 7:00 pm. Chairs Sharon Sawyers, 402-489-2006, firstname.lastname@example.org and Jan Jensen, 402-489-7496.
- TRAVEL II – 3rd Sunday, 2:00 pm. Chair Mary Lou Prichard, 402-486-2428.
- TRAVEL III – 4TH Sunday at 7:30 pm. Chair Marjorie Anderson, 402-466-7918.
VARIETY CLUB - Join in a different activity each time we gather (e.g. movie, lunch, discussion, volunteer opportunity, performance, etc.). Chair Amy Kucken, 402-309-0249, email@example.com .