Welcome to the ASD Network Circle of Friends Page!
Check out these new Circle of Friends Resources!
- On-site support from a Circle of Friends Coach: Need help getting started with circle of friends? New Circle of Friends Coaches are availalbe to provide onsite, and/or video conference support. Click here to make a referral to the CoF Coach in your area.
- CoF Virtual Learning Community: For teaching ideas, lesson plans, and much more, click here to visit the Circle of Friends Virtual Learning Community!
How to Apply for the 2019-2020 Circle of Friends Grant
Please review all of the information below before appliying for a $300 Circle of Friends grant. Grant applications are due June 1st, 2019.
Basic Grant Requirements for the 2019-2020 Circle of Friends Grant:
- Circle of Friends Program Outline: A paragraph or two describing what you plan to accomplish in the circle of friends group.
- A list of the planned meeting dates/topics for the 2018-2019 school year. Click here for a Sample Meeting and Activity Schedule.
- One completed lesson plan. Click here for a Sample Lesson Plan. Click here for a Blank Lesson Plan Template.
- Reimbursement Form Due May 15th, 2020:
- In May of 2020 we will be requesting CoF Facilitator participation in an end of year survey.
- Share a CoF end of the year survey with focus student parent/caregiver
**If you are applying as a first year program you will be required to watch the 2 part Introduction to Circle of Friends webinar series. Additionally the CoF facilitator will need to participate in a zoom video meeting in the fall of 2019.
Before applying for a grant, please make sure that the CoF facilitator (and Co Facilitators) understand and agree to the following:
- Circle of Friends programs must be run in a group format
- Typically developing peers serve as mentors, and meet with the group on a regular, on going basis
- To qualify for a grant through the ASD Network, the CoF group must be specifically designed around the needs of an individual on the autism spectrum and include social skills instruction for the focus student
Important Note: After the 2019-2020 grant year, the grant will only be available to new CoF sites.
After submitting your online application, the CoF facilitator and building administrator will receive an email about your application status. If accepted, the email will include the following information that will need to be submitted prior to receiving the funds.
Please note that funding is available for 1 Circle of Friends site, per Level (Elementary, Middle School, Jr High, High School). Multiple CoF sites can be funded within a School District, but only 1 site per level.
If you would like more information about applying for a Circle of Friends grant and plan to attend the 2019 ASD Network State conferece, please note that Mary Schlieder will be available in the exhibitor booth area to answer questions on Friday, April 5th.