Please note that due to the Coronavirus/Covid-19 Pandemic, there will be many departures from our usual procedures and all information presented in these pages is subject to change at any time. We're providing the best information we have at the present time, but circumstances can change quickly based upon mandates or recommendations from the State of Nebraska, City of Lincoln, NCAA, Big Ten Conference, UNL and its Athletic Department. Please be prepared to be flexible and know that the health and well-being of our students is our top priority.
Mandatory and Optional Items to Purchase
Band accessories, such as shoes and band polo shirts, are purchased in bulk by the Band Program and re-sold at cost to band members. This keeps the price as low as possible and ensures uniformity. Marching Band fees and purchases will be charged to student accounts after the final roster has been posted. Students who are not on the final roster will not be charged for these items.
We will purchase band polo shirts, ear plugs, black band and color guard performance shoes, color guard gloves and ponchos prior to the start of the fall semester. We will wait to purchase other items until we know more about this year's athletic schedule.
NOTE: If there is an additional order placed for white shoes, gloves, and hangers, there will be another charge to your student account for these items.
Order these items on the appropriate Band Camp confirmation form.
MANDATORY ITEMS FOR ALL BAND MEMBERS
- All band members must have and wear Etymotic ear plugs during all rehearsals and performances. All new band members will receive one set courtesy of the Glenn Korff School of Music. Cost $10.00.
- All band members must have and carry a game day security badge for entrance into Westbrook Music Building. The security badges will be provided to you in PDF format for loading onto your phone or iPad. There is no charge for the security badge.
- All band members must have and carry a rain poncho at all times when in uniform. Cost $1.00.
- All band members must have a band polo shirt. Veterans need not purchase a new shirt if current shirt is in good shape. Note that these shirts have a tendency to run one size smaller than normal, especially in women's sizes. The cost is $30.00.
MANDATORY PURCHASES BASED ON SECTION
- All percussion players must pay a $20.00 equipment fee.
- All brass and woodwind players must have white gloves when wearing the formal uniform. NOTE: Requests for white gloves will be placed on hold and charged to students only if the formal uniform is used this fall. Cost $10.00.
- All brass, woodwinds and battery percussion players must have and use a shako cover. A hat bag will be provided and distributed during uniform check-out and is to be kept with the hat at all times.
- All brass, woodwind and percussion players must have a pair of specialty steel hangers for transporting the uniform. NOTE: Requests for steel hangers will be placed on hold and charged to students only if the formal uniform is used this fall. This purchase is mandatory for new personnel if we use the formal uniform this fall. Cost $5.00 for the set. Veterans may purchase individual hangers if needed. Coat hanger $1.00, bibbers hanger $4.00.
- All color guard members must provide and use two costume hangers.
Note that all band members must have the items listed below. However, you need not purchase these items again if your current items are in good shape. Please remember to include these items when you pack for your return to campus.
- All band members must have all-black athletic or marching shoes to wear with the informal uniform of black pants and band polo shirt. You may provide your own athletic shoes or purchase black marching shoes through the appropriate confirmation form. Cost $46.00.
- White marching shoes (brass, woodwinds and percussion). You will be charged only if we use the formal uniform this fall. Cost $46.00.
- Black dance shoes required for all color guard members to be worn with costume or informal uniform of black pants and band polo shirt. Cost $38.00.
- All color guard members must have and wear fingerless sport gloves. Veterans need not purchase a new pair if your current gloves are in good shape. Cost $18.00.
ITEM DESCRIPTIONS AND SIZES
Note that the cost of all items includes sales tax and shipping costs to Lincoln.
BRASS, WOODWIND AND PERCUSSION SHOES
The MTX Marching Shoe in white and / or black. Cost $46.00 per pair.
Men's Sizes: 2 1/2 to 13 including half sizes
Men's Wide Sizes: 6 1/2 to 13 including half sizes, then 14, 15, 16, 17, 18.
Women's Sizes: 4 1/2 to 15 including half sizes.
Women's Wide Sizes: 8 1/2 to 15 including half sizes, then 16, 17, 18, 19, 20.
ALL brass, woodwind and percussion players must have the two specialty steel hangers pictured here for transporting the uniform. The cost is $5.00 for the set. Veterans may purchase individual hangers. Coat hanger $1.00; bibbers hanger $4.00.
We use the DSI Hyperperformance glove. All brass and woodwind players must wear white gloves with the formal uniform. The Band Office stocks this item throughout the marching band season. The cost is $10.00 per pair.
Available sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL.
BAND POLO SHIRT
All new band members must purchase an Adidas micro fiber polo shirt. Veteran band members may use last year's polo shirt.
Sizes are available in men's and women's styles XS through XXL. NOTE: This shirt runs one size smaller than normal, especially in female sizes. The cost is $30.00.
COLOR GUARD SHOES
All color guard members must have a pair of black guard shoes. We use the Dinkles Spin shoe. The cost is $38.00.
Available sizes: Women's sizes from 5 through 12 with half sizes up to 8 1/2.
COLOR GUARD GLOVES
All color guard members wear fingerless sport gloves. The palms are padded. The cost is $18.00.
Available sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL.
You've read ALL the information and still have questions about Band Camp?
Contact the Band Office at email@example.com.