As a result of continuing security issues, Westbrook Music Building is closed to the general public on home game days. Through no fault of their own, band parents and band alumni will not have access to Westbrook Music Building on football Saturdays for any reason. Please understand that this decision was not made lightly and that we all regret having to take this step. Although many options were explored, this was the only viable choice at this juncture.
Stadium rehearsals usually begin 5 1/2 hours prior to game time. Check this web page for schedule updates. Stadium rehearsals are open to the public, however, please follow these security guidelines: Enter and exit the stadium through Gate 3 ONLY. Gate 3 is located in the southwest corner of the stadium. Please follow the instructions from the security staff regarding seating and all other aspects of Stadium security. Note that the clear bag policy is in effect for the game day rehearsal. No food or drink will be allowed into the Stadium during the rehearsal period. Do not wander around the stadium. Please be courteous to the stadium staff and security personnel. They have a difficult job to do and they're trying to keep all of us safe. A security check will be done immediately following rehearsal. Please exit the stadium quickly taking your personal belongings with you. Everyone associated with the band program appreciates your adherence to the above requests. Our continued access to the stadium on game days depends on your assistance. We are fortunate to have the privilege of an open rehearsal in the stadium on game days. We must do everything we possibly can to preserve this privilege. Thanks for your patience, and Go Big Red!
Homeward Bound Route on Game Days
Look for the Cornhusker Marching Band to take a new route home after football games this fall. Rather than exiting through Gate 3 (Southwest corner) and parading down Stadium Drive as in the past, the CMB will now leave the stadium via Gate 24 (Southeast corner). The homeward bound route winds around the north side of Avery Hall to the large sidewalk that runs between Oldfather and Hamilton Halls (previously 12th Street). The band will turn west at the sidewalk that runs on the south side of Hamilton Hall to assemble in the green space north of Woods Art Building, which is the site of the original University Hall, for dismissal. The change came about to alleviate traffic flow concerns as fans make their way out of the area. Thanks for your support, and we look forward to seeing you along our new route!
MARCHING BAND SCHEDULE - NOVEMBER 29
- 7:00 AM Westbrook Music Building open for marching band students and staff.
- 7:30 AM Percussion rehearsal begins in the Stadium.
- 8:00 AM Full CMB rehearsal begins in the Stadium.
- 10:00 AM Break time
- 11:00 AM Unity Walk on the east side of the Stadium (Football Friday pep band)
- 11:30 AM Uniform inspection in south hallway by 119 WMB.
- 12:00 PM Meeting in 132 WMB for brass, woodwinds, front ensemble and auxiliary. Battery warm-up on west steps of the Sheldon Museum of Art.
- 12:30 PM Full band warm-up concert on north side of Kimball Recital Hall.
- 12:45 PM Full band departs for the Stadium.
- 1:30 PM Kick-off of Nebraska vs. Iowa football game.
- 5:00 PM Approximate end of football game.
- 5:30 PM Full band returns to WMB.
- 5:45 PM Students needing tardy forgiveness help with WMB clean-up.
- 6:00 PM Band out of WMB.