As a result of continuing security issues, Westbrook Music Building is closed to the general public on home game days. Through no fault of their own, band parents and band alumni will not have access to Westbrook Music Building on football Saturdays for any reason. Please understand that this decision was not made lightly and that we all regret having to take this step. Although many options were explored, this was the only viable choice at this juncture.
Stadium rehearsals usually begin 5 1/2 hours prior to game time. Check this web page for schedule updates. Stadium rehearsals are open to the public, however, please follow these security guidelines: Enter and exit the stadium through Gate 3 ONLY. Gate 3 is located in the southwest corner of the stadium. Please sit in either section 6 or 26 depending on the orientation of the show. Do not wander around the stadium. Please be courteous to the stadium staff and security personnel. They have a difficult job to do and they're trying to keep all of us safe. A security check will be done immediately following rehearsal. Please exit the stadium quickly taking your personal belongings, water bottles, and food wrappers with you. Everyone associated with the band program appreciates your adherence to the above requests. Our continued access to the stadium on game days depends on your assistance. We are fortunate to have the privilege of an open rehearsal in the stadium on game days. We must do everything we possibly can to preserve this privilege. Thanks for your patience, and Go Big Red!
Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule for Saturday, October 20
- 8:00 AM Westbrook Music Building open for band members, staff and faculty.
- 8:30 AM Percussion rehearsal begins in the Stadium (open to the public - enter through Gate 3 in the southwest corner of the stadium).
- 9:00 AM Full marching band rehearsal in the stadium (open to the public - enter through Gate 3 in the southwest corner of the stadium).
- 10:30 AM Minnesota Band rehearsal in the stadium begins.
- 11:00 AM End of CMB marching band and alumni outdoor rehearsal.
- 12:00 PM Robber's Cave pep band performance at the Unity Walk on the east side of the Stadium.
- 12:00 PM Football Friday pep band performance at the President's pre-game event at the Lied Commons.
- 12:00 PM Misty's pep band performance at the Chancellor's pre-game event at the Nebraska Union.
- 12:30 PM Uniform inspection, 119 WMB.
- 1:00 PM Meeting in 132 WMB for all CMB members except percussion battery. Battery warm-up on the west steps of the Sheldon Museum of Art.
- 1:30 PM Warm-up concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall.
- 1:45 PM Full marching band departs WMB for the Stadium.
- 2:30 PM Kick-off of Nebraska vs. Minnesota football game.
- 6:00 PM Approximate time that the marching band will depart the Stadium for Westbrook Music Building.
- 6:50 PM Load truck in the Lied Center loading dock.
- 7:35 PM Load buses on the east side of the Lied Center for Performing Arts at N 12th and $ Street.
- 7:50 PM Buses depart campus for Seacrest Field.
- 8:20 PM Arrive at Seacrest Field; unload buses and truck.
- 9:05 PM Warm-up
- 9:25 PM Depart warm-up location.
- 9:35 PM On Deck
- 9:45 PM Performance for NSBA State Marching Band Competition
- 10:00 PM Load truck
- 10:45 PM Buses and truck depart Seacrest Field
- 11:15 PM Truck arrives at Stadium to unload front ensemble; buses arrive on the east side of the Lied Center for Performing Arts.
- 11:35 PM Move truck to the Lied Center loading dock to unload remaining instruments. Finish WMB clean-up.
- 12:15 AM Band is dismissed after WMB clean-up is finished and rooms have been re-set.
Homeward Bound Route on Game Days
Look for the Cornhusker Marching Band to take a new route home after football games this fall. Rather than exiting through Gate 3 (Southwest corner) and parading down Stadium Drive as in the past, the CMB will now leave the stadium via Gate 24 (Southeast corner). The homeward bound route winds around the north side of Avery Hall to the large sidewalk that runs between Oldfather and Hamilton Halls (previously 12th Street). The band will turn west at the sidewalk that runs on the south side of Hamilton Hall to assemble in the green space north of Woods Art Building, which is the site of the original University Hall, for dismissal. The change came about to alleviate traffic flow concerns as fans make their way out of the area. Thanks for your support, and we look forward to seeing you along our new route!