As a result of continuing security issues, Westbrook Music Building is closed to the general public on home game days. Through no fault of their own, band parents and band alumni will not have access to Westbrook Music Building on football Saturdays for any reason. Please understand that this decision was not made lightly and that we all regret having to take this step. Although many options were explored, this was the only viable choice at this juncture.
Stadium rehearsals usually begin 5 1/2 hours prior to game time. Check this web page for schedule updates. Stadium rehearsals are open to the public, however, please follow these security guidelines: Enter and exit the stadium through Gate 3 ONLY. Gate 3 is located in the southwest corner of the stadium. Please follow the instructions from the security staff regarding seating and all other aspects of Stadium security. Note that the clear bag policy is in effect for the game day rehearsal. No food or drink will be allowed into the Stadium during the rehearsal period. Do not wander around the stadium. Please be courteous to the stadium staff and security personnel. They have a difficult job to do and they're trying to keep all of us safe. A security check will be done immediately following rehearsal. Please exit the stadium quickly taking your personal belongings with you. Everyone associated with the band program appreciates your adherence to the above requests. Our continued access to the stadium on game days depends on your assistance. We are fortunate to have the privilege of an open rehearsal in the stadium on game days. We must do everything we possibly can to preserve this privilege. Thanks for your patience, and Go Big Red!
Homeward Bound Route on Game Days
The CMB exits the stadium via Gate 24 (Southeast corner). The homeward bound route winds around the north side of Avery Hall to the large sidewalk that runs between Oldfather and Hamilton Halls (previously 12th Street). The band will turn west at the sidewalk that runs on the south side of Hamilton Hall to assemble in the green space north of Woods Art Building, which is the site of the original University Hall, for dismissal. The change came about to alleviate traffic flow concerns as fans make their way out of the area. Thanks for your support, and we look forward to seeing you along our homebound route!
Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule, Saturday, October 30, 2021
Westbrook Music Building is closed to the general public on home football game days. Cornhusker Marching Band members must show their CMB game-day ID for admittance into Westbrook Music Building. Please note: Band members and visitors to the Saturday rehearsal may not park in posted fan parking lots on campus without a parking pass. Anyone parking in these lots without an appropriate parking pass will be towed at your expense.
- 8:00 AM Westbrook open for CMB students
- 8:30 AM Percussion rehearsal begins at the stadium (open to the public - enter through Gate 3)
- 9:00 AM CMB outdoor rehearsal begins in stadium (open to the public - enter through Gate 3)
- 11:00 AM End of outdoor rehearsal; break and meal time; change into uniforms
- 12:00 PM Unity Walk pep band plays at Unity Walk (east stadium) and Football Friday pep band plays for Chancellor's pregame event on the Lied Center stage
- 12:30 PM Uniform inspection in room 119 WMB
- 1:00 PM CMB meeting in KRH; battery warm-up on the west steps of the Sheldon Museum of Art
- 1:30 PM CMB outdoor concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall
- 1:45 PM CMB departs for the stadium
- 2:30 PM Kick-off of Nebraska vs Purdue
- 6:00 PM Approximate end of football game
- 6:30 PM CMB returns to Westbrook Music Building
- 6:45 PM Clean up WMB: L and M Ranks
- 7:30 PM Band out of Westbrook Music Building