About Nebraska Bands
Founded in 1879, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln band program has grown from a single small ROTC band to encompass seven ensembles that perform for a combined audience of well over one million people annually.
The Glenn Korff School of Music at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln enthusiastically invites all students, regardless of academic major, to participate in one or more of our bands. Additional information about each of our band ensembles is available under the ensemble heading in the drop down menu at the top of the page. Auditions for the fall concert and jazz ensembles are scheduled for the first week of classes in August. We encourage you to explore the rich tradition of our band program.
Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule for Friday, September 28 and Saturday, September 29
Friday, September 28
- Dressing rooms in WMB from 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM are rooms 104, 105, 109 and 114. Students may report to parade staging in uniform directly from their residences.
- 5:30 PM All CMB members report for warm-up in front of the Coliseum.
- 5:45 PM Line up in Westbrook formation facing east in front of the Coliseum.
- 6:00 PM Parade steps off.
- 6:30 PM Approximate end of the parade on R Street by the Lied Center for Performing Arts.
Saturday, September 29
- 8:00 AM Westbrook Music Building open for band members, staff and faculty.
- 8:30 AM Percussion rehearsal begins in the Stadium (open to the public - enter through Gate 3 in the southwest corner of the stadium).
- 9:00 AM Full marching band rehearsal in the stadium (open to the public - enter through Gate 3 in the southwest corner of the stadium).
- 11:00 AM End of marching band and alumni outdoor rehearsal.
- 12:00 PM Football Friday pep band performance at the Unity Walk on the east side of the Stadium.
- 12:15 PM Robber's Cave and Misty's pep bands perform at the joint President's and Chancellor's pre-game event at the Coliseum.
- 12:30 PM Uniform inspection, 119 WMB.
- 1:00 PM Meeting in 132 WMB for all CMB members except percussion battery. Battery warm-up on the west steps of the Sheldon Museum of Art.
- 1:30 PM Warm-up concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall.
- 1:45 PM Full marching band departs WMB for the Stadium.
- 2:30 PM Kick-off of Nebraska vs. Troy football game.
- 6:00 PM Approximate time that the marching band will depart the Stadium for Westbrook Music Building.
- 7:30 PM Marching Band members are free to depart after equipment is stored and Westbrook Music Building is clean.