About Nebraska Bands
Founded in 1879, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln band program has grown from a single small ROTC band to encompass seven ensembles that perform for a combined audience of well over one million people annually.
The Glenn Korff School of Music at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln enthusiastically invites all students, regardless of academic major, to participate in one or more of our bands. Additional information about each of our band ensembles is available under the ensemble heading in the drop down menu at the top of the page. Auditions for the fall concert and jazz ensembles are scheduled for the first week of classes in August. We encourage you to explore the rich tradition of our band program.
MARCHING BAND SCHEDULE - OCTOBER 26
- 8:00 AM Westbrook Music Building open for marching band students and staff.
- 8:30 AM Percussion rehearsal begins in the Stadium.
- 9:00 AM Full CMB rehearsal begins in the Stadium.
- 11:00 AM Break time
- 12:00 PM President's Pre-Game Event at the Coliseum at Hawks Hall Atrium (Football Friday pep band).
- 12:00 PM Chancellor's Pre-Game Event at the Coliseum at Wick Alumni Center (Misty's pep band).
- 12:00 PM Unity Walk on the east side of the Stadium (Hail Varsity Railyard pep band)
- 12:30 PM Uniform inspection in south hallway by 119 WMB.
- 1:00 PM Meeting in 132 WMB for brass, woodwinds, front ensemble and auxiliary. Battery warm-up on west steps of the Sheldon Museum of Art.
- 1:30 PM Full band warm-up concert on north side of Kimball Recital Hall.
- 1:45 PM Full band departs for the Stadium.
- 2:30 PM Kick-off of Nebraska vs. Northwestern football game.
- 6:00 PM Approximate end of football game.
- 6:30 PM Full band returns to WMB.
- 6:45 PM Piccolo and clarinet sections help with WMB clean-up.
- 7:30 PM Band out of WMB.