Let curiosity move you to major or minor in Classics and Religious Studies!
A major in classics and religious studies provides a wide range of courses in the languages, civilization, religions, and culture of the ancient Mediterranean world, as well as ancient and modern religions broadly conceived.
In the College of Arts and Sciences, we know experience is valuable and goes beyond the classroom. We strive to help you connect your academics with research, internships, education abroad, service learning, and leadership experiences.
Take advantage of opportunities in classics and religious studies such as:
- Studying abroad in Greece, Ireland, Italy, or Morocco
- Serving as president of the Classics Club
- Researching medieval manuscripts or Greek archaeological sites
- Volunteering with the Sheldon Museum of Art
- Interning with the Center for Digital Research in the Humanities
- Participating in Homerathon
This major serves as excellent preparation for careers in any number of fields, such as law, medicine, journalism, ministry, business, and education. Depending on your chosen emphasis, this major also provides you with an excellent background to pursue graduate work in classical languages and literature, classical archaeology, ancient history, religious studies, literary scholarship, and other disciplines in the humanities.
Here are examples of recent graduates’ employment:
- Account Manager / OMAHA MARKETING SOLUTIONS
- Contract Manager / CELERION - LINCOLN NE
- Field Organizer / NEBRASKANS FOR ALTERNATIVES TO THE DEATH PENALTY
- Judicial Clerk / JUDGE RILEY - 8TH CIRCUIT
- Latin Teacher / OMAHA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Manager / HY-VEE
- Marketing Assistant / OPEN HARVEST
- Phlebotomist / BRYANLGH
- Software Engineer / UNION PACIFIC
- Special Education-Elementary K-8 / TEACH FOR AMERICA
- Young Adult Ministry Intern / VILLAGE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH