Tutoring, Mentoring and Consulting
The university offers free tutoring, mentoring, and consulting services to help you excel academically. These services are provided by undergraduate and graduate students who have excelled in the subjects and who have been trained to help support your success. Our tutors, mentors, and consultants won’t do your homework for you, but they will show you how to be your own best resource. To learn more about each service and to schedule an appointment, please visit their websites.
- Academic Department Offices
- If you need help in a particular subject area and don’t see that services are offered, contact that department’s main office for assistance in identifying other support or an individual tutor. A tutor arranged through the department office may require payment.
- Chemistry Resource Center
- Offers free tutoring for undergraduate chemistry courses and a computer lab with specialized software.
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Psychologists, social workers, counselors and psychiatrists who are available to respond to a broad spectrum of concerns and issues
- Love Library
- Create your own study group and reserve a room for free at Love Library. Individual study rooms, computer labs as well as a large reading room for quiet study are available.
- Math Resource Center
- Offers free assistance for undergraduate students who have questions related to any pre-calculus or calculus course offered by the Mathematics department.
- Modern Languages Tutoring
- Offers tutoring and conversation tables for modern language students.
- Office of Academic Success and Intercultural Services
- Offers academic, social and intercultural programming for all students with an emphasis on meeting the needs of ethnic minority students.
- Private Tutoring and Math Lab provided by Student Support Services
- Provides free tutoring in a wide-variety of courses and facilitates a drop-in Math Lab for assistance in math courses for students who meet eligibility requirements.
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Working for students with diagnosed disabilities by providing academic services and accommodations to in order to provide equal access to the University
- Statistics Tutoring
- Provides tutoring in statistics courses, assistance with SAS, and offers consulting services.
- Student Support Services
- Offers a broad range of opportunities and services to promote the academic success of eligible college students.
- Study Stops provided by First-Year Experience and Transition Programs
- Offers students dedicated space to study by themselves, work in groups, or meet with a learning consultant for extra help with homework, with no appointment necessary.
- Writing Assistance Center
- Offers free one-on-one consulting on a wide variety of academic and creative writing projects. Consultants assist writers at every stage of the writing process from project planning and brainstorming to identifying key concepts, drafting, writing from research, revising, documenting and citing sources, and editing strategies.