Career Experience for English and Film Studies majors
Photo credit: Beverley Rilett
Build your credentials and shape your experience.
There’s no greater way to satisfy your curiosity than by jumping in and getting your feet wet. The Department of English has relationships with reputable and exciting companies looking for inquisitive and ambitious students to fulfill internship roles, summer jobs, and more.
Get to know your Career Coaches
Meagan Savage and Kristen Aldrich are located in 107 Oldfather, the Academic and Career Advising Center for the College of Arts and Sciences.
They can help you explore career options, identify ways to build experience, and prepare to apply for internships, jobs, or graduate school, including help with resumes, applications, and interviewing.
Career PreparationRecommendations for English & Film Studies students
- Make an appointment with the College of Arts & Sciences Career Coaches
- Meet with Kelly Payne, the English & Film Studies Major Advisor
- Schedule a meeting with Career Services
- Log on to Husker Hire Link to view jobs and internships updates
- Attend Career Fairs to learn about local and national opportunities
- Decide what type of experiences fit best with your professional plans
- View a list of internships for credit available to English & Film Studies majors
- Get involved through volunteer experiences, education abroad trips, and research opportunities