Getting StartedRecommendations for interested students
- Schedule a meeting with Career Services to learn about additional internship opportunities.
- Schedule a meeting with the English Undergraduate Advisor to discuss your career and internship interests.
- Log on to Husker Hire Link to view internship updates. Also, check websites and listings updated on this page.
- Attend Fall, Spring, or Non-Profit/Public Service Career Fairs to learn about local and national opportunities
- Decide what type of internship experience fits best with your professional plans and which semester you would like to gain the experience.
- If you request to earn credit, consult with the English Undergraduate Advisor about credit options. For ENGL 495 credit, complete the Internship Contract Form available at 201 Andrews Hall. Note: ENGL 495 requires that you find a supervising faculty member. If you need assistance identifying an appropriate faculty member, contact the English Undergraduate Advisor and/or the Vice Chair.
- Center for Digital Research in the Humanities, including the Whitman Archive and the Cather Archive. Contact Laura Weakly, (402) 472-4547; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UNL Writing Center. Contact Dr. Rachel Azima, email@example.com
- Lincoln Literacy Council. Contact Clayton Naff, (402) 476-7323, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing Lincoln Initiative. Contact Marcus Meade, email@example.com
- The Nebraska Writers Collective. Internship only available for spring semester. Contact Stacey Waite, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lincoln Public Schools' Teammates Mentoring Program. Contact Dr. Joan Jacobs, (402) 436-1990
- Nebraska Department of Education
- Lincoln Public Schools' Gifted Mentoring Program, (402) 436-1822, email@example.com
- Film Streams. Contact Brooke Masek, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The American Pavilion programs
- Mary Riepma Ross Media Arts Center
Library and Information Science
- UNL Libraries, including the Special Collections department. Contact Dr. Joan Giesecke, (402) 472-7472, 318 Love Library.
- Bennett Martin Public Library, (402) 441-8500.
- Sheldon Museum of Art. Contact Director of Education, Sharon Kennedy, (402) 472-2461, email@example.com
- Nebraska Historical Society
Editing & Publishing
- Prairie Schooner. Contact Ashley Strosnider, (402) 472-0911, 123 Andrews Hall; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laurus. Contact Mike Page, email@example.com
- New York Publishing. Competitive internships available for fall, spring, and summer semesters. For application information, schedule a meeting with the English Undergraduate Advisor using MyPlan.
- University of Nebraska Press. Contact (402) 472-3581
- Sandhills Publishing. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (402) 479-2181
- The Daily Nebraskan. Contact (402) 472-2588, email@example.com, application available online
- The DailyER Nebraskan
- Hear Nebraska