Internships and opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students — Available all year
- Screening manuscript submissions including poetry, short stories, and creative essays
- Contributing directly to selected content of the journal by learning to articulate opinions and recommendations based on quality, fit, and overall publishability of submitted work
- Contributing collaboratively to a large social media presence, blog, and weekly newsletter
- Assisting with daily operations of a small publisher
- Assisting with various projects of the African Poetry Book Fund, a growing literary non-profit
Prairie Schooner, founded in 1926 at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln, is widely recognized as one of the premiere literary magazines in the nation. Undergraduate interns, graduate editorial staff, and alumni readers help produce the quarterly magazine and support its partner nonprofit, the African Poetry Book Fund.