The Vreeland Awards for Poetry and Prose
Undergraduate Literary Contest Entry Form
Two prizes ($500 each): one for poetry and one for prose (fiction and/or creative nonfiction). Material: (1) a portfolio of representative work in the genre in which you’re submitting, and (2) a brief cover letter that offers insight into your experience with creative writing at UNL.
- One portfolio per entrant.
- Poetry portfolios are limited to 20 pages or 20 individual poems
- Prose portfolios (fiction and/or creative non-fiction) are limited to two pieces of original work, double-spaced (approximately 10,000 words)
- Additional requirement: a brief cover letter that offers insight into your experience with creative writing at UNL.
- While your portfolio must be either all prose or all poetry, you may speak in your cover letter of your work in multiple genres.
- Do not put your name anywhere in the submitted file or the filename.
- File must be a PDF or Word document (.pdf, .doc or .docx) following this format:
- 12 pt font
- black text
- double-spaced, if prose
- 1" margins
Questions? Contact Timothy Schaffert, Director of Creative Writing, at firstname.lastname@example.org.