Schaffert and Agee among finalists for One Book One Nebraska
Finalists have been named for the 2018 One Book One Nebraska title: two poetry collections, one memoir and two novels — all stories with ties to Nebraska and the Great Plains.
The finalists are:
- The Bones of Paradise by Jonis Agee
- The Swan Gondola: A Novel by Timothy Schaffert
- Nebraska Poetry: A Sesquicentennial Anthology 1867-2017 edited by Daniel Simon
- Nebraska Presence: An Anthology of Poetry edited by Greg Kosmicki and Mary K. Stillwell
- Ordinary Spaceman: From Boyhood Dreams to Astronaut by Clayton Anderson
The One Book One Nebraska reading program, now in its 13th year, is sponsored by the Nebraska Center for the Book, Humanities Nebraska and the Nebraska Library Commission. It encourages Nebraskans across the state to read and discuss the same book. Titles chosen are books written by Nebraska authors or those with a Nebraska theme or setting. A Nebraska Center for the Book committee selected the five finalists from a list of 26 titles nominated by Nebraskans. In coming weeks, Nebraska Center for the Book board members will vote on the 2018 selection.
The winner will be announced at the Celebration of Nebraska Books, at 5:30 p.m. October 21 at the Nebraska History Museum, 131 Centennial Mall North, Lincoln.