From time to time, Apple computers and devices may encounter an error message about 'HDCP Compatibility,' like the one above. Follow these steps if you encounter an HDCP error:
1. Unplug the HDMI cable and/or display adapter from your device.
2. Save any open documents and restart your device.
3. Once your device has restarted and you have logged in, reconnect your device to the projector.
In most cases, this simple reboot is all that is required. If the problem persists, however contact email@example.com right away and we can lend you one of our devices.
Some devices will automatically (but unhelpfully) optimize the screen resolution for the projector, which causes your desktop, icons, windows, and text to appear much smaller than normal.
Follow the steps below to change your screen resolution settings (i.e., set them to match your laptop screen rather than the projector):
Change Resolution in Mac OS X
1. With your laptop connected to the projector, open System Preferences by clicking the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your desktop and selecting "System Preferences..."
2. In the System Preferences window, click "Displays." (Second row, second icon from the left.)
3. One or two windows will open. Click on the window titled "Built-in Display."
4. Click on the dropdown menu next to "Optimize for:" and select "Built-in Display."
5. Your icons and windows should now have returned to their normal size, and you can close the System Preferences windows.