There are a several different wireless networks available on campus, including guest wifi. Each device you own can be registered for wi-fi access, including laptops, phones, tablets, smartwatches, and eReaders.
As of Fall 2018, Eduroam is the University of Nebraska–Lincoln's primary wireless network.
Register Your Device
- On your device, navigate to the area where you can view all WiFi networks that are in range.
- Select eduroam from the list of available networks.
- Your device will now prompt you to log in to the network. Use the following credentials
- Username: My.UNLid@unl.edu (ie:email@example.com)
- If you are a student, staff, or faculty on one of the University of Nebraska system campuses, please replace '@unl.edu' as shown above with one of the following:
- Med Center - @unmc.edu
- Omaha - @unomaha.edu
- Kearney - @unk.edu
- Password: Normal login password (same as canvas, Box, etc.)
NOTE: These instructions are for devices that support WPA2 (username and password) authentication. If you are trying to connect a device, such a TV or game console, that does not accept WPA2 authentication please follow the instructions to Register a gaming console or streaming device. on Step 3.
For student resident IT questions and assistance, contact the ResNet office in Sandoz Hall (402) 472-3535
For faculty and staff IT questions and assistance, contact the Huskertech Help Center (402) 472 -3970 or toll-free (866) 472-3970
Campus visitors (and those without a My.UNL account) may select the UNL-GUEST network and input their name, email and mobile phone numbers. An access code is sent instantly via a text and email to their mobile device to grant them access to the network.
Guest access credentials expire overnight. Visitors may re-register each additional day of their stay.