There are a several different wireless networks available on campus, including guest wifi. Each device you own can be registered for wi-fi access, including laptops, phones, tablets, smartwatches, and eReaders.
Register Your Device
On campus, connect your device to the UNL-WIRELESS-REGISTRATION network before completing the registration process at its.unl.edu/wifi.
- Start up your device and select UNL-WIRELESS-REGISTRATION as your network.
- Open a web browser and visit http://its.unl.edu/wifi. A welcome screen will appear and ask you to click to register your device.
- Select the UNL login button and login with your MyUNL credentials.
- Once logged in, click on "Register a card".
- Enter the hardware MAC address for your device. If you don't know your MAC or hardware address, click the "LOOK UP MY MAC" button, which will auto-fill the hardware address. Then click "ADD CARD."
Shortly after your card is registered, you should be able to connect wirelessly to UNL-AIR for internet access anywhere on campus. During very busy times, it can take 5-10 minutes for your registration to be processed.
UNL-AIR-E is an encrypted network that provides a high level of assurance that only authorized users can access the network. Connecting to UNL-AIR-E requires you to register your device (see above) and enter a special username and password combination.
- Register your device (see above) and make sure you can connect to UNL-AIR.
- If prompted, configure your wireless device to use WPA2-enterprise. It may be shown also as PEAP Authentication with MS-CHAP(v2) as the inner authentication mechanism.
- When prompted for a certificate, choose "none", "no" or just leave the option blank.
- For the username and password we use global credentials. For the username enter "unlwireless" and for the password enter "encrypted".
When the following steps are completed, you should be able to connect to the "UNL-AIR-E" wireless network.
Most computers and mobile devices can connect to UNL-AIR, the university's original campus wireless network. No username or password is required once you have registered your device (see above). However, the UNL-AIR network is unsecured and should only be used for general browsing, or if your device is unable to use UNL-AIR-E.
Campus visitors (and those without a My.UNL account) may select the UNL-GUEST network and input their name, email and mobile phone numbers. An access code is sent instantly via a text and email to their mobile device to grant them access to the network.
Guest access credentials expire overnight. Visitors may re-register each additional day of their stay.