Zoom is a cloud-based, web collaboration service that connects multiple conference rooms and remote users for online classes, meetings and group projects.
Schedule a Zoom meeting
- Visit https://unl.zoom.us/
- Click "Host a meeting" and choose one of the options. Either is fine for these purposes.
- Log in with your My.UNL username and password.
- Click the prompts that come up to download the installer ("zoomusinstaller.pkg" or "zoomusinstaller.exe" or similar).
- Double-click the downloaded installer to open it and follow the prompts until the installation is finished.
- The Zoom Cloud Meetings program will open. Click the "SSO / Login with SSO" button.
- Type "unl" (lowercase, no punctuation) into the "Enter your company domain" box.
- Enter your My.UNL username and password again.
- Now your Zoom program is set up for hosting meetings. Click the "Schedule" button to set up a meeting that will take place in the future.
- In the "Schedule a new meeting" window that pops up, enter the meeting date, time, duration, etc.
- At the bottom of the "Schedule a new meeting" window, choose a calendar program. (Zoom puts the meeting on your calendar. I prefer Outlook, personally, but go ahead and use whichever program you're comfortable with.)
- Click "Schedule." Zoom will put the meeting details, including the link, in the calendar item. You can then share that information with others.
- You can also view the invitation by clicking "Meetings" at the bottom of the main Zoom window, finding the meeting in the list (if you have multiple) and clicking "copy." Then paste the text into an email or a Word document.
- Secret tip: that "Meeting ID" you see in the list of is part of the link. You can type it in manually if you want at the end of this url: https://unl.zoom/us/meeting/[your meeting ID here]