You have the choice of conducting preliminary and/or on-campus (final) interviews. Preliminary interviews are typically reference checks, telephone, Skype or conference interviews, or requests for additional materials such as portfolios. Both preliminary and final short lists must be submitted to and approved by Institutional Equity and Compliance (IEC) before any interviews are scheduled. No interviews may take place before the posted review of applications date. IEC will review the short list for possible concerns and work with the search committee chair if concerns arise or additional information is required.
Steps for Submitting a Short List
1. Login to PeopleAdmin (employment.unl.edu/hr) and open your requisition. Changes can only be made by the hiring manager(s) listed in the requisition.
2. Select the Applicants tab.
3. Select the applicants you would like to interview by checking the box to the left of their names. Click Actions above the applicant list and select Move in Workflow.
4. In the Change For All Applicants dropdown list, select either IEC/Preliminary Short List Approval or IEC/Short List Approval. Save your changes.
5. Notify IEC via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) that your short list is ready. Attach the committee applicant log to the email. IEC will review the submitted documentation and either approve the short list or seek additional information. The search chair and hiring manager(s) will be notified via email within two university business days of this approval.
6. Once you receive approval from IEC, you may contact your short list candidates and set up interviews.
7. An offer of employment may be extended to an approved short list candidate after all short list candidates have been interviewed. IEC is not usually involved in this stage of the search process. However, the hiring official should maintain documentation reflecting the reasons the final candidate was selected over the other short list candidates. Such information should be added to the applicant log.