WAIVER AND PLEA INSTRUCTIONS
If the "waiver allowed" box at the bottom of the other side of
this form has been marked, you are allowed to waive your rights,
plead guilty, and pay the established fine for this offense
without appearing in court. You may, if you wish, appear in
court and contest this matter.
If you sign this form, you will give up the following rights:
1. To have an attorney assist you in preparation of your
defense and to represent you in court; you may be
entitled to an attorney at public expense if you cannot
2. To have the complaint read to you and to be informed of
the possible penalties in the event of your conviction.
3. To have a trial before a judge, or in certain cases, a
4. To have sufficient time to prepare your defense.
5. To confront and cross-examine witnesses against you.
6. To require witnesses to attend court and testify on
7. To remain silent and not make any statement concerning
the circumstances surrounding this violation.
8. To testify in your own behalf.
9. To require the prosecution to prove you guilty beyond a
10. To appeal any final decision or order of the court.
If this Waiver of Appearance and Plea of Guilty is accepted, the
Court will enter a judgement of conviction finding you guilty as
charged, and, where applicable, points will be assessed against
your driving record.