ACADEMIC INTEGRITY COMMITTEE
|Vanessa Gorman, Historyfirstname.lastname@example.org||August 2022|
|Benjamin Riggan, Electrical & Computer Engineeringemail@example.com||August 2023|
|John Guretzky, Agronomy & Horticulturefirstname.lastname@example.org||August 2024|
|Rupal Mehta, Political Scienceemail@example.com||August 2024|
|Kelli King, Assistant VC Student Affairsfirstname.lastname@example.org||cont.|
|Erica Musgrave, GSAemail@example.com||May 2019|
The Academic Integrity Committee shall consist of seven (7) members:
(a) four (4) faculty members appointed by the President of the Faculty Senate;
(b) one (1) student selected as determined by ASUN, one graduate student selected as determined by the Graduate Student Assembly;
(c) one (1) member appointed by the Dean of Students, or their designee.
TERMS OF OFFICE
Faculty members shall serve three year terms. The terms will begin with the academic year, and will be staggered with at least one faculty member appointed annually. The chair of the committee shall be a faculty member.
The Committee shall work to:
1. Identify the ways in which cheating or academic dishonesty occurs;
2. Assess the extent to which academic dishonesty occurs on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus;
3. Identify the obstacles faculty members confront in recognizing and dealing with academic dishonesty;
4. Evaluate the attitudes of students regarding academic honesty;
5. Survey the policies of other universities, particualarly those in the Big Ten, regarding academic honesty;
6. Develop recommendations for strenthening the abilty of faculty and administrators to recognize and deal with instances of academic dishonesty or cheating;
7. Recommend strategies for creating among students a culture that recognizes the importance of academic honesty and how it benefits them; and
8. Act upon the recommendations of the Ad Hoc Committee on Academic Honesty that met during the 2016-17 year. Click here to see the 2016-17 report.
OPERATING PROCEDURES AND GUIELINES ADOPTED BY COMMITTEE
The Committee shall file in the Faculty Senate Office (a) minutes of its meetings, and (b) a current statement of operating procedures and guielines adopted by the Committee itself.