Hosting an international faculty member is a great opportunity for both guest and host. CEHS wants this to be an enriching experience for everyone. Some advanced preparation will help assure a successful experience. The following steps will help you in your planning. For more information, contact Jim Benes, Global Exchange Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-472-8397.
- Hosting faculty member consults with department chair on interested applicant.
- Ensure guest will have office space and faculty mentor.
- Request documents from interested applicant (300 word Letter of interest and purpose, Degree/Transcripts, Verification of financial support, scanned copy of passport).
- Create letter of invitation with department chair and college dean signature.
- Contact ISSO for DS-2019 Request form. http://isso.unl.edu/host.or.hire.international.scholar
- Mail guest DS-2019 and letter of invitation.
- Prior to arrival, assist in coordination of housing and transportation logistics and any arrival concerns for incoming guest.
- Prepare for arrival of guest (airport pickup, initial accommodations, orientation to the university and Lincoln).
- Ensure guest finds appropriate offices to register as guest at the university.
- Introduce guest to faculty mentor, department chair, and office location, email.
- Create itinerary for guest to meet with interested faculty and staff throughout department, college, and university.
- Ensure that guest has appropriate contact details of go-to-person if in need of any questions answered.