Family Financial Planning, Cert
The Family Financial Planning Certificate prepares students for further graduate work or for work in human services, cooperative extension, the private sector or the public sector and focuses on the subject matter required for the Certified Financial Planner Certification Examination.
The Family Financial Planning Certificate prepares students for further graduate work or for work in human Students in the Family Financial Planning program cover a wide area of topics from the fundamentals for family financial planning to estate and retirement planning. This program focuses on the efforts of households to improve their economic well-being through effective use of resources as well as the economic and social systems that enhance or constrain these efforts. It could lead to professional certification by the CFP Board of Standards.
Job opportunities for individuals with CFP certification include:
- Real estate
- Tax and estate planning
- Financial advising
- Retirement planning
- Income management
- Employee benefits and compensations
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
* When sending TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
- Statement of professional goals
- Three letters of recommendation
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.