Floriculture and Nursery Production Management, Cert
The Floriculture and Nursery Production Management graduate certificate is a 12 credit hour program designed for nursery, greenhouse and garden center professionals; extension agents involved in horticulture-related programs; and K-12 science teachers.
The program offers a selection of courses focusing on floral and nursery crop production, including business management. Core courses provide a solid science background, enabling the student to gain a greater understanding of how ornamental and floral plants grow. This basic knowledge is then interwoven with practical cultural and production methods.
All coursework for this certificate is completed online through Great Plains IDEA consortium.
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
* When sending TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (undergraduate and/or graduate)
- Letter of intent
- Resume or vita
- Three letters of recommendation
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.