The Department of Mathematics offers programs of study leading to degree of Master of Science for Teachers.
The MScT program is not accepting applications at this time. Consider applying for the MAT instead.
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
- Minimum English proficiency: Paper TOEFL 600, Internet TOEFL 100, IELTS7.5
- Personal Statement: If you do not have a current teaching license, your personal statement should explain why you want a degree designed for current teachers when you are not currently licensed.
- Teaching License: If you indicate current Nebraska licensure, no upload is needed because the department will verify this with NDE.
- Writing Sample/Research Paper: Optionally, upload up to 2 research papers that have been submitted or published
- Three recommendation letters
NOTE: When sending GRE or TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
* Updates to graduate program pages are made on an annual basis in conjunction with the Graduate Application for Admission.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.