This general non-degree category is primarily for students who want to take a few courses without pursuing a degree or certificate.
Applicants are reviewed for minimum standards upon receipt of an application, application fee and unofficial transcript showing conferral of a baccalaureate or higher degree. If a student is admitted and enrolls, official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended are required, showing the receipt of a baccalaureate degree or higher.
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
There are some limitations to a non-degree, post-baccalaureate admission:
- This admission category does not guarantee future admission to a graduate certificate, endorsement, or degree program.
- Admission to a degree program must be gained prior to the accumulation of half of the hours required for the degree sought.
- Students do not qualify for assistantships or fellowships in this category.
- This admission category is not available to international students on F-1 student visas.
- This admission category may affect the studentâ€™s ability to receive federal financial aid; contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid for more information.
NOTE: When sending GRE or TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.