Personal Leadership, Cert
The online Personal Leadership, Graduate Certificate is designed to develop personal leadership capacity based on the theories and models in leadership scholarship.
Students of this program gain skills to:
- Apply knowledge of leadership theories and models at the individual, team and organizational levels
- Develop and implement a personal plan for transfer of leadership knowledge, skills and behavior to a supervisory position
The coursework explores motivation as it applies to leadership in both organization and community aspects. Additionally, students explore how to apply leadership concepts from the program curriculum to a supervisory position.
|ALEC 877||Leadership and Motivation||3|
|ALEC 807||Supervisory Leadership||3|
|ALEC 810||Environmental Leadership||3|
|ALEC 814||Classic Figures in Leadership||3|
|ALEC 855||Dynamics of Effective Leadership in Groups and Team||3|
|ALEC 866||Leadership and Diversity in Organizations and Communities||3|
|ALEC 888||Leadership, Power and Influence||3|
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
* When sending TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
- Letter of interest
- 2 years of professional experience
- Fall Semester: July 15
- Spring Semester: December 1
- Summer Session: April 15
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.