The Public Relations and Social Media certificate is professional graduate education that will enhance your understanding of current practices on new communications platforms. The four-course certificate is offered entirely online.
This certificate is designed to fit your lifestyle, so you can grow your skills in social media without disrupting the rest of your life. Classes provide learning that will help you advance your career, make you more valuable in your workplace, keep you current with changing technology and fill gaps in your professional communications knowledge.
This 12-credit-hour certificate can apply toward the complete 36-hour master's degree, the Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communications with a specialization in Integrated Media Communications.
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
- Minimum English proficiency: Paper TOEFL 600, Internet TOEFL 100, IELTS 6.5
- Personal Statement: In roughly 500 words, this statement of objectives should explain your professional background and goals with this certificate.
- July 1 for Fall.
- October 1 for Spring.
- March 1 for Summer.
NOTE: When sending GRE or TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
* Updates to graduate program pages are made on an annual basis in conjunction with the Graduate Application for Admission.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.