Supply Chain Management, Cert
Discover how to make your supply chain faster, more efficient and more resilient in today’s dynamic and global economy.
At the heart of business, supply chain management professionals are involved in all processes from raw materials extraction to consumer purchase. The Certificate in Supply Chain Management can help you develop the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in this growing, high-demand field. Delivered 100 percent online through 8-week, mobile-optimized courses, the program provides flexible career opportunities. While pursuing this certificate, you’ll have access to a leading career center and engage with Big Ten faculty.
Designed by faculty with real-world experience, the curriculum consists of four courses focused on the theory and practice of supply chain management. The knowledge you’ll obtain is important for firms in all industries as they seek to enhance both efficiency and customer service, in order to build a sustainable competitive advantage. Through coursework covering topics such as strategic supply chain design, supply chain planning and forecasting, sourcing and procurement, logistics, distribution and inventory management, sustainability, and lean management principles, you’ll gain exposure to the key concepts, tools and technologies used in the field. You’ll learn how to create innovative, hands-on solutions while preparing for success in a variety of career paths. Since the course credits you’ll earn are transferable, you can also roll your credits into a master’s program, including our highly-ranked MBA program.
For more information, visit https://go.unl.edu/certificate-in-supply-chain-management.
- Demand Planning Specialist
- Director of Inventory
- Fleet Manager
- Global Operational Excellence Manager
- Intermodal Customer Specialist
- Manufacturing Supervisor
- Operations Manager
- Project Manager
- Senior Purchaser
- Transportation Planner
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
* When sending TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
MBA students wishing to pursue the certificate will not be subject to additional screening. Students seeking just a certificate will be reviewed by a faculty committee based on:
- Bachelor’s degree: 3.0 GPA recommended*, but we will review candidates holistically (please see below).
- Professional Résumé: Your résumé should include relevant work experience, education, skills, professional and community involvement, and other professional credentials.
- Prerequisites: You are expected to have developed proficiency in using Microsoft Excel before you begin the program.
* We recommend that you have relevant work experience. Students with less than a 3.0 GPA, but who have substantial relevant professional experience, will still be considered for the certificate program.
July 1 for Fall. November 1 for Spring. April 1 for Summer.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.