Sensory Disabilities, Cert
The certificate will provide additional education for professionals interested in students with sensory disabilities.
Through focused coursework about unique programs and services, collaboration with families, and specialized instructional methods, participants will gain a deeper understanding of how to effectively work with and support students who have unique sensory learning needs.
The Graduate Certificate in Sensory Disabilities alone does not qualify the holder to apply for a Nebraska teaching endorsement in Deaf Education or Visual Impairment. Students interested in pursuing an endorsement in either Deaf Education or Visual Impairment will be able to take additional coursework and should contact Dr. Thomas (Deaf Education) or Dr. Savaiano (Visual Impairments) for more information.
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
- Personal Statement: This statement should include your rationale for pursuing this Graduate Certificate, your interest and specific experiences with individuals with sensory disabilities, and reasons why you are interested in working with this population. There are no specific length requirements for the personal statement.
- 3 References
- Faculty: Identify the faculty member(s) with whom you have discussed or will discuss this program.
NOTE: When sending GRE or TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.