Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, Cert
Are you interested in teaching English as a second language to children and adults internationally or within your own community?
Apply to the graduate certificate program in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) to learn instructional strategies for teaching English, deepen your knowledge of how languages are acquired, explore English linguistics, develop a professional identity as a language teacher, and engage in conversations around important issues in TESOL.
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
* When sending TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
- GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Application essay
Summer: February 1; Fall: February 1; Spring: October 1
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.