Teaching of Writing, Cert
The certificate in Teaching of Writing is designed specifically for students interested in enhancing their teaching skills in the area of writing.
This certificate provides advanced coursework in rhetoric, literacy, writing and teacher inquiry. Students who successfully complete the certificate requirements will benefit from improved professional skills and marketability.
Before you submit this application, contact Debbie Minter, Director of Composition, to discuss this program.
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
- Plan of study approved by the director of the certificate program
- Other Upload: A summary of your teaching experience or a discussion of your teaching potential, no more than 2 pages.
NOTE: When sending GRE or TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
* Updates to graduate program pages are made on an annual basis in conjunction with the Graduate Application for Admission.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.