These programs are available online as distance education.
Note that for some programs, a degree can be completed online for certain specializations or areas of study only.
Class search tip
In the Schedule of Classes you can filter for classes where the Mode of Instruction is Online Distance Class.
Great Plains IDEA is a consortium of 20 universities offering courses and programs in the Human Sciences and Agricultural disciplines.
- Science for Educators and Community Development specializations
- Family Financial Planning
- Family and Community Services
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Human and Family Services Administration
- International Family Studies
- Youth Development
- State certifications and endorsements
- M.Ed. with area of study in P-12 School Leadership (starting Summer 2017, requires a 6 cr block of on-campus courses during the first summer)
- M.A. with area of study in Higher Education Administration
- Ed.D. in Educational Administration with area of study in P-12 School Leadership (requires on-campus seminars during summer sessions in the first 3 years)
- Ed.D. and Ph.D. in Educational Studies with Educational Leadership and Higher Education specialization (Ph.D. requires 6 cr of on-campus research seminars)
- Integrated Media Communications
- Professional Journalism
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education (Pre-12)
- Early Childhood Special Education (Birth to age 5)
- Visual Impairments (Pre-12) (summer on-site participation will be required at various locations)
- M.A. with specialization in World Language Teaching (GOLDEN)