Warren and Edith Day Dissertation Travel Awards
Eligible students are those with full-time status who:
- cannot complete research for their dissertation except by travel and have been admitted to Candidacy (as defined in the Graduate Catalog)
- OR -
- present written justification by the chair of their supervisory committee
These funds do not allow support for travel:
- outside the continental U.S.
- to attend a conference
- to present a paper
- completed prior to the application for funds
- by a student who has been awarded/used Day travel funds in the past
After you've reviewed the guidelines on this page, prepare your application and supporting documentation:
- Day Award Application Form (MS Word)
- Letter (not more than 2 pages) indicating:
- subject and brief description of dissertation
- progress to date
- institution(s) and/or individuals to be visited
- statement of expected accomplishments as a result of the travel
- Statement from advisor certifying the necessity for travel to complete your dissertation
- Written proof of access to library, individual, private papers, documents, etc.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval if human or animal subjects are involved.
Submit completed application materials at least two weeks prior to the proposed trip. Submit by email to Caroline Knuth or by campus mail to:
Attn. Caroline Knuth
Office of Graduate Studies
1100 Seaton Hall
City Campus 0619
Applications will be judged on exceptional merit, feasibility, substantial prior planning, and consultation.
If you receive the award
Funds must be used within one year of award.
Recipients who have a current payroll record will receive this fellowship amount in their monthly paycheck. Recipients without a current payroll record will receive a check for the amount of the fellowship.
For more information, contact Caroline Knuth.