Graduate Certificate Program Summary
The K-3 Mathematics Specialist Certificate is offered through Teaching, Learning and Teacher Education with support from the NebraskaMATH grant. This certificate is especially helpful for starting the careers of new teachers, but experienced educators can also benefit from the specialized instruction in math education.
This certificate is for educators in the NebraskaMATH program looking to enhance their credentials in mathematics education. Educators who earn this certificate can continue as a generalist, teaching in all subjects or move into the role of a math specialist.
All courses are taught on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln city campus or at NebraskaMATH approved sites.
Application checklist and deadlines
1. Required by Graduate Studies
Submit these items as part of the standard steps to admission.
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee
- One set of transcripts uploaded to MyRED
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you hold an F1 visa: concurrent admission to a degree program, because a certificate alone is not sufficient for F1 status
2. Required by the department
After you apply, allow one business day for us to set up your access so you can complete these requirements via MyRED.